Nissan Versa Tire Size
There are many aspects to consider when looking for your next car, one of which may be tire size. Our team at Walker Jones Nissan is here to give you an inside look at the tires and wheels that come equipped on this sedan.
If you’re eager to learn more about how the Nissan Versa performs on the roads of Douglas, Vidalia, Jesup, Tifton, and Waycross, GA, contact us today.
Understanding How To Read Tire Size
Coming standard on the Nissan Versa are 195/65R15 all-season tires. If you’re looking at this series of numbers and letters and wondering how this relates to size, allow us to break it down for you!
- 195: The first number in this tire size sequence tells you the tire’s width in millimeters. In the Versa, the baseline tire measures 195 millimeters—or nearly eight inches—wide. If you like, you can opt for a wider tire for added stopping power on dry roads or a narrower one for added traction on slick surfaces.
- 65: After the first number comes a slash and then a 2-digit number to signify the tire’s aspect ratio. This number is calculated by comparing tire height to tire width. In this case, the sidewall is 65% of the tire’s width.
- R: Next up, you’ll see a letter to indicate the tread pattern of your tires. The R in this tire size stands for “radial” construction, meaning the cord piles run 90 degrees to the direction of travel.
- 15: This last number in the tire size shows the diameter of your tire in inches. This number directly corresponds to wheel size. For example, these standard tires come paired to 15-inch steel wheels.
Available Tire Sizes In The Versa
A larger tire can create more supported handling and cornering, so you may be interested in one of the available tire sizes in the Nissan Versa. 205/55R16 all-season tires on the SV trim help enhance the performance of the 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine under the hood by upping wheel size to 16 inches.
For the largest tire, opt for the SR trim level. This model offers 205/50R17 all-season tires that come with 17-inch split 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels.
Tires are an important component when it comes to safety and security. A well-maintained tire is crucial for providing refined traction and stopping power. In addition to three commanding tire size options to choose from, the Nisan Versa offers the following standard safety features:
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection: If a possible frontal collision is detected, it brings you to a halt to help avoid impact.
- Lane Departure Warning: Warns of unintentional lane drift to keep you firmly on track.
- High Beam Assist: Intelligently toggles between high and low beams to provide you with an enhanced view of the road at night.
- Rear Automatic Braking: Measures the distance between your vehicle and rear obstacles, bringing you to a complete stop if you get too close.
Tire size and safety features are just the start of what this sedan has to offer, so stop by the showroom of Walker Jones Nissan to learn more. We invite our friends from Douglas, Vidalia, Jesup, Tifton, and Waycross, Georgia, to set up a test drive with us today!